Skip to main content

To Paul: Why I’d like to be mentored?

When I’ve seen your offer of mentoring 2023 class, I felt a rush of excitement to join immediately. More so, that I missed the opportunity in 2015 (to be honest, I haven’t found enough courage to participate back then).

Currently I find myself to be on the crossroads (kind of). I’m starting over (workwise) after several years of being a full-time Mom. My priorities have changed with that.

I want to do something meaningful with my time and energy, which is both limited. I have limited resources throughout the day and limited resources overall. I’ve learnt the hard way that I can’t ''do it all'' and have to choose.

I am a people person and sitting long hours behind the screens feels pretty lonely. I do enjoy solving peculiar technical problems. However, the main point for me is a joy from making someone’s life easier and better. This is something I need to feel more at work.

I’d like to be more involved in SQL community.

I have lots of questions swirling in my head:

  • What to focus on (first)?
  • What is essential?
  • How to manage my time wisely?
  • How to minimize distractions and not to lose focus?
  • How to maintain a healthy work-life balance?
  • (and more)

I believe that a mentor can help me gain new insights, bring different perspective, inspiration, ask questions to make me think. And hold me accountable (kind of).

Lucia

PS. Thank you for generously offering your time and experience and big Thank you for all the work you’ve done for SQL community. I wish you all the best, enjoy the rest of December and have a peaceful Holidays with your loved ones. Cheers! :)

Comments